Tuesday, October 7, 2014

My Beginner Quilts

I am starting a new chapter with my quilting (so stay tuned!!!) and trying to push myself to new heights.  As I start this journey, I want to reflect on some of my beginner work.

This was my first quilt after taking my first quilting class (my mom taught me years ago and I experimented on my own prior to taking a class though). This is a four patch pattern with mitered borders.



This was my 1st quilt I made after having my daughter...simple large blocks. Being a first time mom with a breastfeeding infant, you have to keep your projects simple :-)



This was a quilt I made during a class I hosted for some friends.  The first class I taught introduced the four-patch pattern.  For this quilt we decided to practice more simple block piecing.  We played around with a woven block piece for this design.



This was another quilt I made during a gathering with my quilting friends...they wanted to learn triangles, so each of us made a quilt with this chevron pattern.  I've shared this quilt in a previous post, but it is so simple to make so I wanted to share again.  I also changed up my quilting pattern for the first time and used a zig-zag to accent my chevron pattern.



No comments:

Post a Comment